Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Reading Survey

I feel like my reading overtime has changed so much. All throughout elementary and parts of middle school I struggled with my reading and writing. I think it was about grade 7 or 8 that my mom bought me the first Twilight book and I remember thinking how awful that was and that I wasn’t going to read it, so needless to say it took me a long time to finish it. When I finally finished it I wanted to know was happened next. That’s when reading became an entertainment, and not a chore. Over the years I went from reading supernatural romance to  fiction to now biographies and non-fiction. The subjects I read about change over time with how I mature as a person and as an individual. Although I read a lot more than just novels, I tend to read a lot of magazines as well. The reason why I enjoy reading magazines is because it’s the perfect gap filler. By that I mean if I’m reading a novel, I’ll read for hours. If I don’t feel like reading for hour’s ill pick up a magazine to read before bed, or in a long car ride, it’s the perfect gap filler.

So my general feelings for reading is that it’s a great escape. I like that idea of being able to pick up a book, start to read it, and being able to create this whole new world inside your head. The creativity and imagination is what I enjoy the most about reading. Being able to imagine who the characters are, their surroundings, their thoughts, being in their lives. I love being a part of the world the author came up with. It always amazes me how creative some authors are so creative with the world they create. Reading is a huge part of who I am. I read when im stressed out too, and it calms me down. I read when I cant fall asleep, when Im bored, or restless. I feel like everyone should pick up a book and just read, just let you mind wonder and venture to the endless possibilities that a novel has to offer.  I love reading and I hope I always continue to feel that way as I age.

Techno “Do-You” paragraph
I have a lot of devices that are handy foe this class, such as an iPhone. I also have an iPod touch, but tend not to use it to much ever since I got my iPhone. I don’t have an e-reader although I do have a twitter account that I like to go on a daily basis. I don’t have a blog, but I’m excited to get this one set up and running! Overall, I’m excited about this class and what I’m about to learn In it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment